Importing: Vendors & Chart of Accounts from Thomson Reuters CBS
Bill.com allows the option to import data from Thomson Reuters.
Chart of Accounts
- In the Thomson Reuters CBS file, click the Checkwriter tab
- Click Reports
- Mark the Chart of Accounts and click Options
- Include all accounts
- Mark for single spacing
- Click OK
- Click Print Preview
- Once the preview of the list of accounts appears, click the Export option, the small envelope with a red arrow
- Once the Export screen appears, choose comma-separated values (CSV) as the format and Disk File as the Destination
- Click OK
- Confirm the file name to save the file
- Open the file in Excel
- Retain the columns for account number, account description, and account type
- Delete the other columns
- Begin with the same steps as above
- At Step 3, choose the Label option and preview
- Vendors will printed out like labels
- Use the export option for the labels.
- Again, there will be extra columns in the export file that will need to be deleted to narrow the information needed
Things to know
- The phone number does not come over using this format, but when using a different format of the Vendor information, too much information is sent and the output file is very convoluted and there is no easy way to clean it up.