Large Biller Vendor ePayment Setup
Large Billers can include water, power, cable, phone, electric, and other well-known companies. These businesses are often part of a Large Billers Directory. Matching to a vendor in this directory connects you immediately, allowing you to pay electronically.
- Create a new vendor, entering the vendor name exactly as it appears on the invoice or statement
- Choose the matching vendor from the Vendor List
- Vendors that are part of the large biller network will have a Verified Vendor badge and show a Connect Instantly message
- Enter the account number with the vendor
- Click Submit
- Review vendor information and click Save
The vendor will be able to receive ePayments immediately. Payment Address and Pay To fields will be updated with the information from the directory. If the vendor changes the information in the future, this information will be updated to match. The information as reported in the Large Biller directory will always be displayed. These fields will not be editable.
Why is an account number required?
The vendor needs your account number in order to apply the payment to the correct account.
What is the account number format?
Enter the account number exactly as shown in the bill (often by omitting dashes and spaces). If you have more than one (1) account number for the same vendor, add each account number as a separate vendor.
Some account numbers may not be supported by the vendor. Contact the vendor to inquire about being provided a different account number that is supported within the large billers directory.
Things to know
- There is a $500,000 limit for ePayments to large billers. Individual payments over $500,000 to a large biller vendor will fail.