Set up a vendor for ePayments
ePayments are a great way to pay vendors. Payments go directly to the vendor's bank account. No waiting for checks to arrive and no time-consuming trips to the bank! Setting up a vendor for ePayments is easy and we have a few options to complete the setup:
- Invite when adding a new vendor
- Invite when adding an email address for a vendor
- Enter vendor bank information manually in Bill.com
- From the Network banner
- Enter the Vendor's Payment Network ID
Invite when adding a new vendor
When adding a new vendor into your Payables account in Bill.com, all the vendors in the Bill.com network matching that name will appear on the vendor pick list. Choose a vendor from the list and automatically send an invite to network when the vendor is saved. Click View and edit email invitation to see the email the vendor will receive. When saving the vendor, all company details entered by the vendor in their own Bill.com account will populate the vendor record in your account. Be sure the vendor on the list matches your vendor! When the vendor accepts the invitation, the connection is complete.
Invite when adding an email address for a vendor
When adding an email address to the Vendor's details, we send them an invitation to network with your Bill.com account. Click Preview invite to see the email the vendor will receive. This will enable them to be paid faster with electronic payments. If they do not already have a Bill.com account, they can open a free Receivables account where they can receive payments from Bill.com users, manage customers and invoices, and connect with other businesses using Bill.com.
Enter vendor bank information manually in Bill.com
If the vendor provides their bank information, it can be manually entered into their vendor record within your Bill.com account.
- In Bill.com, locate the vendor
- Click Edit
- Select Pay this vendor faster with ePayments (ACH) box
- Click Add their bank account yourself
- Enter the vendor's bank account information
- Name on bank account field is a required field and should be the name of the vendor's bank account holder
- Click Save
The bank account is immediately in a verified status. In 1-2 business days, a test deposit of $0.01 (a penny) will be sent to your vendor's bank account to confirm it is able to receive payments, this will not be debited back. If the test deposit is not successful, the bank account will be invalidated and a notification will be sent to the User who entered the bank account information. A new bank account entry will need to be made for the vendor if wanting to send ePayments. Until a new bank account is provided, the payment method will default back to Mail Check.
From the Network banner
Once a vendor record is saved, if no invitation has been sent already, a banner will be displayed:
Click Set up ePayments and we will display potential matches within the Bill.com Network
- If one of the potential matches is your vendor, click Request to ePay and we'll send then a request to connect. Once they accept, your account will immediately be connected to theirs.
- If none of the potential matches are your vendor, click I don't see a match for my vendor and send an invitation for your vendor to accept to create an account connected to yours
This banner can be dismissed if wishing to see more of the Vendor details page. If dismissed, it will be dismissed for all vendor records, however, we will still show a Set up ePayments option.
Enter the vendor's Payment Network ID
If the vendor is already using Bill.com to receive payments electronically, ask them for their Payment Network ID and enter it manually onto their vendor record to connect.
- Log in to Bill.com
- Search for the vendor
- Click the more options icon
- Click Enter PNI
- Enter your vendor's Payment Network ID and click Find
- Click Connect
- Choose the vendor on the Existing Vendor drop-down list
- Click Send
Things to know
- Vendor invitations expire after 60 days if not accepted